[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] A new tracing layer for TIGER 2013

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Mon Dec 9 06:52:53 UTC 2013

On Sunday, December 8, 2013, Eric Fischer wrote:

> There are only a few colors involved: streets are yellow and railroads are
> blue, and both are a little brighter if they have changed since the 2006
> data. Service roads are drawn a little thinner than the rest, following the
> example of the 2012 TIGER layer.

 More contrast, please!  I can't tell the difference between the colors.
 The change in colors are too subtle to tell apart.  And that's coming from
me, I have a JOSM stylesheet that colors maxspeed=* to color the same as
JOSM colors GPX for car speeds, and I can tell the difference between 30,
35, 40, and 45 MPH at a glance.