[OSM-talk] Recent edits in the wiki / Trademark issue

Andreas Labres list at lab.at
Fri Feb 1 16:06:00 GMT 2013

On 01.02.13 16:48, Jochen Topf wrote:
> I don't think use of the English language is "merely incidental" to what we are
> doing here. Can you explain why we suddenly can't use words from the English
> language any more? ... And no, I don't think this is something for private emails.

100% agreed.

Simon, please be more elaborative on what's going on here. Without knowing US
trademark policies by heart, but "to geocode" is a generic term that cannot be
used as a trademark. One can of course use this term with regard to, e.g., the
process of transferring a postal address into geographic coordinates.

/al