[OSM-talk] How to create very large jpeg from OSM file

Robert Norris rw_norris at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 17:36:39 GMT 2013

________________________________
> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] How to create very large jpeg from OSM file
>
> If any of the available tile set styles are suitable, simply download
> the tiles, at the desired zoom level, for your area of interest, stitch
> together with a tool such as gdalmerge, outputting to a jpg, and print.

This is also possible with the GUI program Viking (http://sourceforge.net/projects/viking).

Once you have downloaded map tiles for the area, use the File->Generate Image File option.

ATM This is restricted to 5000x5000, although in the next version the limits are substantially increased**.

HTH.

** Disclaimer - this is because I (re)wrote it.

Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving isn't for you.