[OSM-talk] Paweł's q: what can be done?

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Sun Feb 3 11:37:57 GMT 2013

On 2013-02-03 12:14, Michal Migurski wrote:
> Communication is hard, and there are ways to do it that make people
> feel like they're getting a complete story instead of a confused
> glimpse through an accidentally-open door. Simon's mail left out a
> lot
> of important things, most notably that he's a member of the OSMF
> Board
> and that it was an official statement.

Michal, what do you mean by "official"?

from wikipedia, i see:
"An official is someone who holds an office (function or mandate,
regardless whether it carries an actual working space with it) in an
organization or government and participates in the exercise of authority
(either his own or that of his superior and/or employer, public or
legally private)."

which concerns me no end. what position of authority does simon hold?
over whom?

what significance does the osmf board hold? they speak for themselves,
not anyone else.

--
robin

http://universitywithoutconditions.ac.nz - Auckland's Free University