[OSM-talk] Display names of crossroads

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 21:05:43 UTC 2013

Hi All,

We also have many cross-road or T-junctions junctions in the United Kingdom
that have names. Particularly in rural areas where early fingerpost signs
still exist:

Devon: I believe I am right in saying that the name on the column is the
junction name. I seem to remember that I've been provided driving
instructions such as "turn left at xyz junction". Here's an example, but
they're easy to find if you zoom in on Google StreetView in a more rural
location you should stumble across them almost straight away.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2857741
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tollhouses/5904146435/in/photostream/

Dorset: Seems to put the junction name in the roundel at the top:

http://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=File:Hell_Corner_-_Dorset_-_Coppermine_-_21506.jpg

Rob

p.s. junction=* and name=* seems suitable to me (as we do with roundabouts)