[OSM-talk] Display names of crossroads

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 14 11:08:11 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-14 11:59, Andrew Errington wrote:

> In Korea we also have named junctions at overpasses, so the junction
> name is
> where the two roads cross (or meet) but they physically don't join
> because
> one road is on a bridge over the other, and there are sliproads to
> move
> between them.

> In the third case we could tag the four nodes at the beginning of each
> slip
> road.  Or put the nodes in a relation.  Or draw a big area covering
> the
> entire junction.

Junction names on exits or junctions of motorways is common practise:
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.3934&lon=6.12683&zoom=15&layers=M>
(Knooppunt Zaarderheiken is the name tag, e.g.
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/42529258>)

> I could post this question on the talk-ko list and ask what Korean
> users would
> expect to see.

And talk-jp for Japan. I see little use in discussing how we would like
to do it. openstreetmap.jp has a map, but it looks to be the standard
slippy map. Has noone there seen this as a big enough problem to make
their own rendering and start mapping the junctions?

Regards,
Maarten