[OSM-talk] Missing attribution : Guardian Data and OII use OSM

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:58:40 UTC 2013

Hi ,
Anyone glancing at the image published by The Guardian data [1] could
say its a OpenStreet Map . But there was no mention of that .
I went forward and read the article in Floating sheep [2] which also
doesn't mention anything about the maps being based / are OpenStreet
Map . Ironic is the fact that the author has taken pain to give
citations/ references to Geographical Research papers but missed even
a lil bit of info on where the maps are from .

Sad to say that its coming from a research institute which studies the
"web" on issues like privacy ,copyright etc .

1. http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/gallery/2013/feb/14/africa-tweets-mapped
2 . http://www.floatingsheep.org/2013/02/the-urban-geographies-of-tweets-in.html

PS : I do realise that it[2] isnt an institute blog/press .

Regards,
Pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri