[OSM-talk] Comments On New Tile Layer Guideline Process

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Feb 23 17:50:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 02/23/2013 06:03 PM, Jason Remillard wrote:
> My point is that the main osm.org is our "front page". If we loosen
> up, we will be able to show off the amazing work that is happening
> elsewhere with the OSM universe.

> JOSM is
> doing it right philosophically and is getting good practical results.

Maybe that is indeed a good idea - we could have a page that shows all
available tile layers, and by a simple mouse click you can add any of
these layers to your OSM experience (to be saved in user settings or in
your cookie). The default list would still only be a small number of
curated layers but there could be a "further map layers..." link that
leads to a very large and not-at-all-curated "contrib" list so that
anyone who wants can customise their experience.

Bye
Frederik