[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Tagging Live indoor music venues

Markus Lindholm markus.lindholm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 15:17:58 UTC 2013

On 25 February 2013 12:13, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think separating rock music venues and concert halls is a good idea.
> They are basically the same thing, a big room where music is played.

I don't agree. For the same reason we have both amenity=cafe and
amenity=restaurant I think it's a better idea to have both
amenity=concert_hall and amenity=music_venue. Of course one could make
the argument that we should only have amenity=sustenance and
amenity=music_venue, but then then we would lose information just for
the sake of abstraction.

/Markus