[OSM-talk] help generating tiles according to specifications

Ben Jacobson bjacobson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:25:14 UTC 2013

I'm working on a Jerusalem-themed app for mobile devices, and my developer
is using the route-me API as our maps solution. The tricky part is that
OpenStreetMaps defaults to Hebrew when viewing Jerusalem.

I see here that OpenStreetMaps does have English-language data (street
labels, etc) available for Jerusalem:
http://toolserver.org/~osm/locale/en.html?zoom=15&lat=31.77079&lon=35.21805&layers=BT

I am looking for help exporting this data to an MBTile file for use with
the route-me API. I have been asking around for advice, and while the OSM
community has been highly generous with explaining how to go about doing
the work, because I'm not familiar with these file types, I'm not so
comfortable doing it myself.

I am hoping that someone on the "talk" list might be willing to take care
of the job on my behalf for a modest fee, or even on a volunteer basis.
(Unfortunately, we've already spent our budget on developing the app, so
this expense will need to come out of my own shallow pocket.)

Please email me directly at bjacobson at gmail.com if you have any advice or
might be willing to help. Thanks in advance!
 Ben