[OSM-talk] TileMill performance

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 08:57:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Iván Sánchez Ortega
<ivan at sanchezortega.es> wrote:
> On Miércoles, 27 de febrero de 2013 12:03:30 Steve Bennett escribió:
>> I'm having some problems with TileMill rendering very slowly.
>
> I suggest to have a look at Dane's slides about "How to make slow maps":
>
> http://dbsgeo.com/foss4g2011/foss4g2011-lecture2-how-to-make-slow-maps.pdf

Nice. Couple of questions about how to avoid certain of those traps:
1) How do you control multithreading? It looks like I'm getting access
to some 8 core VMs. How should I configure TileMill/Postgres for best
performance then?
2) How do I know whether reprojection is happening?

At least I have fixed the "query more than you render" problem - that
did indeed improve performance significantly.

Steve