[OSM-talk] Changeset Comments

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jan 3 11:11:47 GMT 2013

Hi,

    once in a while I encounter mappers who don't understand what
changeset comments are good for and why they should use them. I was kind
of tired of repeating the same things over and over so I wrote up a wiki
page here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Good_Changeset_Comments

Before someone asks, this is not intended to be a "policy" of any sort;
it is just meant as a page that you can recommend for reading if someone
doesn't understand what changeset comments are for.

You're welcome to improve this, add/remove examples, or translate into
other languages.

Bye
Frederik