[OSM-talk] New History tab for openstreetmap.org (beta)

Paweł Paprota ppawel at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 3 23:01:15 GMT 2013

Hi all,

For some time now I've been working on the OpenStreetMap Watch List
project[1] and on integrating OWL into the main OSM website.

At this point I've got something slowly approaching beta status and I
would appreciate early feedback from the community.

You can see it in action here:

http://owl.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/

Couple of things:

* Zoom levels >= 14 should be usable. On lower zoom levels it sometimes
takes a lot of time to show history. Also I don't have clear idea yet
what to really show on the lower zoom levels - what would be useful - so
suggestions are welcome.

* I'm actively working on this instance so don't be surprised when
something breaks or there is no data at all etc. - it's a beta version :-)

* You can click on nodes/ways in the map to get more details about
changes :-)

Any comments are welcome.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OWL_(OpenStreetMap_Watch_List)

Paweł