[OSM-talk] Can Google use our data?

José Juan Sánchez del Arco jj_sanchez_almeria at live.com
Fri Jan 4 20:19:11 GMT 2013

Browsing the web I just realized that Google Maps is including some data to their maps which didn't exist formerly. Why? Because they are exactly the same data I included in OSM. I just checked the University of Almería, in Spain, which have exactly the same building shapes I uploaded, the same streets and routes and everything. I guess it could be legal if they showed that data as free, but not claiming it as owned by Google. Can we do anything there?