[OSM-talk] New History tab for openstreetmap.org (beta)

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sun Jan 6 14:43:12 GMT 2013

Great! I was hoping OWL would resurrect itself at some point.

Love the 'show previous geometry' & colour coding for emended tags.

Things I've noticed:
RSS gives this error: We're sorry, but something went wrong.
Scroll bar Gets 'stuck' as I move it down & some of the lettering
doesn't scroll (Firefox  17.01, Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502) Appears to
work OK in IE (Haven't got Chrome)
When I click on an entity the pop-up balloon sometimes obscures it
making it hard to see the changes in geometry. Could the balloon be
positioned further away or make it movable?

Requests:
Could the permalink be designed to display the history side-bar?
Open click-able pages into new tab as default (personal preference)
Instead of having the 'next page' icon could a continuous scroll be
employed (similar to how twitter gets older messages)?
When hovering the mouse over an edit in the History bar the entities for
that edit dim to a light shade. Wouldn't it be better if it was the
other way around & all others dimmed while the edit your interested in
were emphasised (something similar to the way relations are highlighted
in Potlatch)?

Thanks for a superb tool that will save a lot of time for checking edits.
Dave F.