[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Future Look

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Tue Jan 8 00:27:56 GMT 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us>wrote:

> I fully concur that OSM Foundation needs to start a vision and strategy
> for the future. How do we get their attention? In this instance I don't
> believe we should lead from the rear. We need the leadership that the
> Foundation can provide.

"Their attention"  Them.  Us and Them.

Nope.  It's just us.  All of us.  What do the Foundation (us) need to do to
make you (us) feel like it is okay for you (us) to build this vision and
act on it?  Join the OSMF.  Serve on a Working Group or two.  Lend the
Foundation (us) more of your (us) energy and enthusiasm.

The three great projects that you mentioned earlier, afaict, had no
official participation from the Foundation.  Someone (us) or several
someones (usses) just made them.

Best regards,
Richard