[OSM-talk] Being more like Wikipedia

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Wed Jan 9 21:20:16 GMT 2013

On Wednesday, 9 January 2013 at 16:15, Paweł Paprota wrote:
> Frederik,
>
> > Hundreds of man-years of developer time... and still a person with
> > average computer literacy cannot add a table to an article!
>

> Maybe ease-of-use is not a priority for them? I could imagine a lot of
> arguments against having a full WYSIWYG editor in Wikipedia.

Some people do make that argument (let's make it unfriendly for newbs so they don't break stuff!), but they are a very small minority.

I think most people in the Wikipedia community are actually very much in support of the development of the visual editor. Their primary frustration is that they are still waiting for it.

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>