[OSM-talk] piwik.openstreetmap.org - what is it?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Jan 9 21:51:12 GMT 2013

On 09/01/13 21:47, Jeff Meyer wrote:

> Good to know that it's there.
>
> As it is there, how are the reports and data currently used?

Well a few people have access and will sometimes have a look if somebody
asks above what browsers people are using and such like.

There is some effort to do some conversion tracking but that's not
working very well yet.

> I take it there's no way to anonymize?
> (I realize there are plenty of cases where anonymized datasets have been
> reversed to id individuals.)

The statistical reports are fine - the problem is that the web interface
includes a live feed that literally shows you IP addresses and what URLs
they are hitting.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)