[OSM-talk] piwik.openstreetmap.org - what is it?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jan 10 11:06:58 GMT 2013

On 10/01/13 10:56, Christian Quest wrote:

> One single piwik instance, and all sites who wants to participate to
> the study just embed the same global piwik.js on their site.
> All analytics are done by this single global piwik db.
>
> ... maybe I miss something, but that's a basic feature I expect from
> piwik: gather data from more than one single site.

Somebody has to manage adding them all, and allocating site ID values
for them and keeping those up to date as sites come and go.

Not to mention that if sites want to use things like goals and custom
variables then those also have to be configured by somebody.

All of which is before we even think about questions of hardware scaling
for such an endeavour.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)