[OSM-talk] RFC - OSM contributor mark

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Jan 16 10:49:25 GMT 2013

Alex

Yes, there is at least a handful of contributors have had the link
specified in discussion or/and agreement. While it is unlikely that it
was put in writing that it should be one click away from the map, it
would seem to be rather devious to simply move it without at least
consultation.

On top of that there is a vocal group that thinks that the attribution
and licence presentation as it is now is not prominent enough, moving it
further away is undoubtedly going to be opposed.

One thing the work leading up to the licence change showed was that how
we document and administrate imports and other data sources doesn't
scale and leads to a mass of essentially undocumented (for example
attribution requirements) and orphaned imports. So yes I believe we will
need to change and merge both attribution locations, but simply merging
the two lists is not going to address the underlying issues (which IMHO
not difficult to get a handle on).

Simon