[OSM-talk] New website style sheet

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:50:18 GMT 2013

2013/1/16 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> osm.org has recently modified his style sheet in various areas (search
> results, diary, etc). The result is "OSM air", a lot of spacing
> between text lines.

> Is it a subliminal stimuli to fill gaps in the map ? Or an adjustment
> for fat fingers on smartphones ? I don't know. But for those not using
> retina or xtra full widescreens, it's not an improvement.

I think that high resolution screens will become more and more usual,
so maybe the alternative would be to have a special treatment for
people visiting the site with particularily low resolution screens?
Personally I don't see increased line spacing e.g. on diaries (but it
looks like increased font size and maybe increased spacing for
paragraphs and headlines, which I find more relaxing to read at the
default size. I'm on Linux/Firefox 18, 1366x768, no hi-res). Anyway,
you can always reduce the text display size in your browser (usually
"ctrl -") if you mind scrolling.

Best compliments to Saman for the good work.

cheers,
Martin