[OSM-talk] POI display on osm.org

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Mon Jan 21 13:11:40 GMT 2013

> One thing about tags: You might want to consider hiding some.
> Especially well known import related tags. I'm thinking specifically
> of the tiger:* tags we have here in the US but there might be others.
> They are obviously a formatting nightmare but they are also not really
> *our* data so excluding them from such a display might make sense.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/p9amuhk.png

Thank you very much for the example. There are even more problematic tags, for example the various name:* tags on locations.

So one result of this beta is that the default view should not be based on tags, but rather some processed result.

Let's see whether a view of all tags on request is helpful, because it would still help to give clear feedback to contributers.

Cheers,

Roland