[OSM-talk] How to map mountain pass in Poltach 2

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Jan 22 06:34:20 GMT 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM, Tanveer Singh <tanveer1979 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was looking at some roads in the himalayas which pass through high
> mountain passes(marked by signboard).
> I want to select a point or node on the road, and then mark it as
> "mountain pass". In the left menu which opens, there is no such option. How
> to do that?
> Do I select two points and then mark the road between two points or
> something.

You want to mark the mountain pass point with a node. In advanced add
mountain_pass = yes and name = "really high mountain pass", and ele=20000
(meters above sea level).  Check out
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:mountain_pass for help.

I don't believe Potlatch has a icon for mountain pass, but it does display
on OSM.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch