[OSM-talk] POI display on osm.org

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Jan 23 08:35:42 GMT 2013

On 23/01/13 08:03, Raphael Studer wrote:

>  > A feature catalogue requires a very different approach to using the map,
>  > though: The user has to be quite methodical to first decide what they
>  > are looking for, then open the appropriate category in the catalogue.
>
> My approach while looking on a card is, searching for information. So I
> know what I'm looking for and therefore would verry like the a catalog
> with categories.

I suspect that looking for "things of type X" is more of an end user
goal though, which isn't the target audience for the OSM web site.

The question we should be asking is what sort of approach helps mappers
and for that I suspect "what things are here" may be more useful?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/