[OSM-talk] overpass turbo - a web GUI for Overpass-API
tyr.asd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 22:10:36 GMT 2013
I'm happy to present you *overpass turbo* , a web based graphical user
interface for Overpass API.
I've always thought, that the Overpass API can be a great tool for mappers
and developers (for example for its powerfulness in data filtering).
However, there was no easy way to quickly run an Overpass query and
inspect the results in a user friendly manner, until now: With overpass
turbo you can run Overpass API queries and analyze the resulting
OpenStreetMap data interactively on a map.
Here are some use cases where overpass turbo can come in handy:
* Searching for (rare) spelling mistakes or breaks with naming
conventions, which are not yet covered by any QA tool.
* Showing and inspecting spacially large features (boundaries, rivers,
complete motorways, PT-networks, ...).
* Always when you only need a filtered portion of OSM data.
* Testing and developing more or less complicated Overpass API queries.
* Creating mock-ups of clickable or static maps highlighting selected OSM
This is the url where you can find overpass turbo  (alternatively,
there is also an installation on overpass-api.de ). You need a somewhat
recent web browser for using overpass turbo. Opera, Chrome and Firefox
have been tested and work (IE 10 should be fine, too).
More information, screenshots, examples, etc. can be found on the OSM-wiki
 or on its github repository .
Have fun :)
Martin / tyr_asd
More information about the talk