[OSM-talk] Would some wiki admin please move the page gluten_free=* back to proposal namespace

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 21:45:06 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Cartinus <cartinus at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have you noticed that there are many other people within OSM who think
> the wiki proposal system is completely broken and should be
> abolished/ignored?

It's not just the wiki proposal system, but the wiki users. They are
often at odds with the actual tag usage and editing the wiki can
become frustrating, as work is often reverted without discussion or
review, simply because it does not follow a process that is not used
by a vast majority of our users.

In an ideal world, the tagging list would be a place where questions
would be answers and things could be discussed like on talk, and wiki
would reflect usage, but I suspect that the tagging weenies feel that
they have a sort of power.

- Serge