[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap font

Robert Scott lists at humanleg.org.uk
Tue Jul 9 16:01:35 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 09 July 2013, sabas88 wrote:
> Hello list,
> are there some style/brand guidelines for the creation of OSM materials?
> Particularly I was asked about which font could be used to write
> OpenStreetMap, and the only text I found was the one in the old banner (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Osm_linkage.png ) but there isn't
> no indication of a particular font.
>
> An example are the Ubuntu guidelines
> http://design.ubuntu.com/brand/ubuntu-logo

The answer is: no.

But it would be nice to have one.

It would however require someone (with enough design credibility* to quieten the bikeshedders) to sit down and do one.

I've also always wanted a blessed colour scheme.

Historically, people used Bitstream Vera or Helvetica quite a lot, but I've recently been using Cabin (SIL License).

robert.

* Here, imagine me coughing a lot in the direction of certain DC/SF organizations.