[OSM-talk] Using OpenStreetMap on a daily basis

Kathleen Danielson kathleen.danielson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 13:31:01 UTC 2013

Hey folks,

This has been a really interesting and constructive conversation-- what I'm
interested in is what we do next. There are a lot of really great ideas in
here and I'd hate to see them just gathering dust.

This raises a larger issue of figuring out how we as a community move
forward when good ideas are put forth. I think it's natural for a project
like this to adopt change (large or small) slowly, and to some extent,
that's really beneficial (we wouldn't want rash decisions to grossly alter
the course of the project without thinking through consequences). However,
I think there's risk of becoming both risk- and change-averse, which can be
really detrimental.

Anyway, with my diatribe over, I'd like to return to the question of: now
what?

Cheers,
Kathleen

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com