[OSM-talk] Using OpenStreetMap on a daily basis

Guillaume Pratte guillaume at guillaumepratte.net
Thu Jul 11 21:56:15 UTC 2013

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Guillaume Pratte wrote:
>> How can users actively contribute to the map if they need to rely
>> to a competitive service for their daily needs?
>
> No-one has said that.
>
> We want everyone to be using OpenStreetMap data. But OpenStreetMap is
> much
> more than openstreetmap.org. Just because it isn't on osm.org doesn't
> mean
> it's a "competitive service".

The "competitive service" I was trying to refer without naming it was
Google.

But, as a more important subject, I realized after reading your reply
that I had highly lacked of respect to the OpenStreetMap developers and
to the project itself in my previous email.

I am not sure how I could think that writing such harsh word could
contribute positively to the conversation. I want to sincerely apologize
to everyone on the list.

Thanks Richard for pointing it out.

Guillaume Pratte