[OSM-talk] Upgraded map controls

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Fri Jul 19 23:57:07 UTC 2013

On 20.07.2013 01:07, Dave F. wrote:
> Does anybody use the +/- zoom controls? I thought it was all mouse
> wheels/pad gestures & finger gestures to zoom in & out.

I don't use these controls if I can avoid it, but sometimes I'm stuck
with them. Examples include browser compatibility issues (Firefox
Mobile, for example, used to scale the entire page instead of zooming
the map, but that has thankfully been fixed now) and old phones with no
multi-touch.

Every now and then I also find myself in front of laptops with no
obvious mousewheel equivalent and simply use the map controls instead of
trying all sorts of key combos.