[OSM-talk] Bringing new life to the OSM.org front page

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 23:36:22 UTC 2013

1) The map controls change was publicised on the blog on the 19th (at the
time of the change):
http://blog.openstreetmap.org/2013/07/19/new-map-control/

2) The Communications Working Group is currently looking for help - why not
join them:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2013-July/002185.html

3) There is a list of Admins. Although don't forget though that OSM has no
"Executive Team" or paid employees. If you want something changing then
code it yourself and put a pull request in to the Admins.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Admins

4) And I disagree with you. It is possible to follow the dev channels and
not flood the developers with comments. You simply have to pick your
fights. If something is only a small issue for you, or you can understand
the greater benefit to others, then let it be. If however you spot a
significant and major issues then by all means please alert the developers
to this in a constructive manner (suggesting fixes, or better still
providing code).

Rob

p.s. I do generally agree that Comms is a weakness with OSM. I can spend
way too long reading the mailing lists + blogs + etc.. :-(