[OSM-talk] Moderation! Re: New technology ...

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 15:07:31 UTC 2013

Hey guys

Moderation is not just something I have the burden of doing on the talk list. It's the way we should think about our posts to this lists ... be moderate.

Here's a good guide. Are you stressed, feeling attacked, frustrated by something you have just read on talk@? Are your thoughts going a mile a minute, your fingers flying, using ALLCAPS, your pulse up?

Then stop. Step away from the computer, go for a walk, get some perspective. Think about what you're trying to achieve. Let it go. Respond calmly.

If you are happy, then go right ahead. If you haven't something dry and boring, go right ahead and post. If you are emotionally upset, don't post.

-Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron