[OSM-talk] Double-clicking on OSM map does not centre the map

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 18:57:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Maarten Deen <mdeen at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 2013-07-22 18:05, Toby Murray wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>  The fact that the double-click-to-centre-map functionality went away at
>> that time went unnoticed (I am surprised because I occasionally used it as
>> well).
>>
>> It didn't go away when we switched to leaflet. It went away (I think)
>> when osm.org [1] was upgraded to leaflet 0.6 about one month ago. I do
>>
>> actually prefer the old behavior but I guess that's a conversation to
>> have with leaflet devs, not on the talk mailing list.
>>

> Was OSM on leaflet longer then the recent UI change that removed the
> slider bar on the left and put the +/- buttons on the right? It defenatly
> was working until right before that change.
> I thought this change was the change to leaflet.

Yes, osm.org has been using leaflet since late 2012 [1]. I think one of the
more visible changes at that time was the new layer switcher that popped
out on mouse hover. Before that it was the OpenLayers white + symbol that
you had to click on.

If it was working less than a month ago then maybe it was the switch to
Leaflet 0.6.3 that happened on July 17th. The change to leaflet happened 3
months ago but may not have made it into a release until recently with
0.6.3. I'm not really sure.

[1] https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/121

Toby