[OSM-talk] Interesting website stuff in the works

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri Jul 26 05:48:09 UTC 2013

I'm trying something different in the hopes of getting more awareness about
potential website changes with significant feature or UI impacts. The
suggested place for comments is on the github issues or pull requests

Reorganize export/share UI - the next set of changes to the share UI.
Github page for change at
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/351
Test deployment at http://mapui.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/

Add welcome page - Providing a better introductory page, filling a gap in
existing materials.
Github page for change at
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/338

Rationalize multiple "locate me" type functions - Discussion about confusion
and duplication between "Where am I?", home and the new geolocation button.
Github page for change at
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/373

Use a hash anchor for location/zoom persistence - using #zoom/lon/lat
instead of ?lon=A&lat=B&zoom=C
Github page for change at
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/378