[OSM-talk] comments on new map widget on main page

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 08:34:08 UTC 2013

Greg Troxel wrote:
>    add some indication of zoom level.  I'd be happy with a "z15" box
>    between + and -.

I'm coming to the same conclusion ... need SOMETHING rather than having to
decode other information. Since there is now a tab for the links, perhaps that
could also be used to add the location information as well. It's now even more
difficult to quickly zoom out to find out where in the world a link has dropped
you ... Even just a country would be very helpful.

The other annoying thing is this incessant drive to make everything 'monochrome'
... I've just had to create 'colourstrap' to get full colour icons back on a
project that has decided that 'bootstrap' is the bees knees. Those black icons
do grate next to a nice full colour map :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL