[OSM-talk] Ouverture du portail GeoPaysdeBrest

Christian Rogel christian.rogel at club-internet.fr
Thu Jun 20 15:31:33 UTC 2013

Le 20 juin 2013 à 15:27, Floris Looijesteijn <osm at floris.nu> a écrit :
> Hey Christian,
>
> If you want any response from an English mailing list you should give an English translation...
>
> Greets,
> Floris Looijesteijn

Sorry for any inconvenience, as  I made a mistake when choosing amid OSM lists.

I announced the open data portal recently released by Brest metropolitan authorities.
Not a very special event, but I underlined two facts.

In March 2010, Brest put its geodata under a verbose and very permissive  license, being the first public French authority to do so.
Now, they choose the ODbL license, but, in 2010, a bunch of data were integrated (and not imported) in OSM under a very precise protocol by a team from all parts of the country.

See at this English OSM wiki page.  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/BMO

Moreover, a 3 D modelization of the entire town is released under ODbL now.

See the little video with a car running in the heart of the town. http://geo.pays-de-brest.fr/zapp/Pages/Donnees3D.aspx

Christian Rogel