[OSM-talk] Survey on the OSM Wiki
jonobennett at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:22:03 UTC 2013
On 25/06/2013 16:48, Mulone Moligiangi wrote:
> (Apologies for cross-posting)
Since you don't appear to have cross-posted, I wonder why you're
apologising for it. However, there are plenty of other things that
perhaps you should explain:
* Are you "Mulone Moligiangi" or "Andrea Ballatore"?
* Which institution do you work for? You say you're doing academic
research, but don't say who for.
* What are you hoping to show with this survey? What use do you see this
information being to the OSM community, and will they see the results?
* Your questions are quite vague, loosely-worded and open-ended. How
will this help your research?
* Are you aware of the difference between "what gets written in the
wiki" versus "what tags actually get used"?
Sorry to be so harsh, but if you expect the OSM community to help you,
you need to explain better why it's in their interests to do so.
More information about the talk