[OSM-talk] Survey on the OSM Wiki

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Tue Jun 25 19:35:23 UTC 2013

Am 25.06.2013 19:57, schrieb Mulone Moligiangi:
> On 25/06/2013 17:22, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
>> * What are you hoping to show with this survey? What use do you see this
>> information being to the OSM community, and will they see the results?
> I'm working on the tagging process, trying to understand how it works on the wiki and how people reach consensus on difficult issues.
> The OSM community will see the results in academic articles.
Sorry to ask back carefully here again:
Do we have to extend "will see the results in academic articles" by "if
they have enough money to buy the corresponding academic
newspaper/magazine"? or by ", which are ensured to be available free of
charge and for anybody interested."?

One of my personal main problems with academic research is that it's
incredible expensive to look into articles without having access to them
(or to libraries which pay for that access somehow), so this would be at
least a good argument for me (and I guess some others) to put more
effort in telling you more detailled stuff, I guess  ;)

regards
Peter