[OSM-talk] Please test this "Native wikipedia link" - feature

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Jun 26 01:41:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Tirkon <tirkon33 at yahoo.de> wrote:

> My idea was to use these Wikidata objects to link everybody to the
> Wikipedia article of his browser language. For the "Universe" article
> this should be done by clicking this:
> http://tools.wmflabs.org/wdrdr/cgi-bin/index.cgi?item=q1

Hmm.
It is great to link people to their native language wikipedia article,
and good to see a use case for wikidata.

But is there a way to make this work all the time, for all articles?  Host,
externally to OSM, a script
that processes your browsers language preference tags and tests wikipedia
pages in order, eventually
returning a redirect to the best match?

In my case that would bring up English first, but if no version of English
is available, German:

An example header from a browser: