[OSM-talk] Please test this "Native wikipedia link" - feature

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 13:00:34 UTC 2013

On 26/giu/2013, at 05:34, Tirkon <tirkon33 at yahoo.de> wrote:

> The present fallback is the Wikidata article. These questions I ask
> myself as well. But at present the basic functionality should be
> tested.

isn't wikidata an extract of Wikipedia and therefor doesn't provide more but at the most the same information than Wikipedia? What can you do with your approach that you can't do with the inter language links in WP? (ok, in wikidata you get the semantics about an object, while WP provides you an article that might also cover multiple objects, but IMHO the semantics about what is an object should remain in OSM).

cheers,
Martin