[OSM-talk] OpenSportMap database layer

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 04:03:58 UTC 2013

Hi Dave,

You might be able to build this off the existing GPS upload
functionality. It looks like you can add any kind of tag you want.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Uploading_traces

In general, it would probably be better to have the GPS traces in the
main OSM database, so we can use them for mapping.

You might be able to put something together with a custom OSM GPS
trace uploading app/web site to add the extra tags and something that
shows an OSM map with GPS traces for rendering. Just an idea....

Of coarse there is nothing wrong with setting up your own copy of the
OSM server software too.

Thanks
Jason.