[OSM-talk] osm.org POI display: next beta

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 14:34:28 UTC 2013

Hi Paul,

> There was some discussion at the EWG about POI display being targeted at
> mappers vs. end users. Which is this aiming at?

It is very disappointing to me that this is even being asked. Not sure
how we going to get large enough to actually maintain all of our data.
Following the 1% rule, hundreds of millions of end users will be
needed somehow, somewhere. If we don't want "users" actually using our
web site then whats the plan, I guess we are hoping google and apple
eventually add OSM as a base layer?  Anyway, I just wanted to register
my disagreement with the EWG on this criteria for including features.

Thanks
Jason.