[OSM-talk] osm.org POI display: next beta

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Mar 18 02:55:55 UTC 2013

It is difficult to offer feedback on a feature without knowing who the
feature is targeted at.
Browse map data is an example of a feature for one group but not the other.
With many features it's obvious who the target users are

> Not sure
> how we going to get large enough to actually maintain all of our data.
> Following the 1% rule, hundreds of millions of end users will be needed
> somehow, somewhere. If we don't want "users" actually using our web site
> then whats the plan, I guess we are hoping google and apple eventually
> add OSM as a base layer?  Anyway, I just wanted to register my
> disagreement with the EWG on this criteria for including features.

What criteria for adding features? I never mentioned a criteria for adding
features. I asked who the feature is targeted at.