[OSM-talk] Crossroad names

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Mar 24 12:07:31 UTC 2013

On 24/03/13 11:48, Hans Schmidt wrote:

> some weeks/months ago I started a discussion here that OSM needs to show
> crossroad names. I then opened a bug report on the bug tracker, but
> there was absolutely no reaction there – not even a comment that it is
> not needed (as it is at least usually done on OSS projects).
>
> As I announced, I would not give up so easily, so that is why I write
> another mail.
>
> How can we get this feature supported? For comparison, try to imagine
> what a European OSM map would look like without street names. We could
> try to delete them for a while, and I bet that it would be supported
> again in no time.

Well the stylesheet is basically stalled at the moment, but we are
working to revive it.

As always though, there is no infinite pool people waiting to jump on
tickets and implement them so the best way to get something in is always
to provide a patch to implement it.

In this case the way to do that would be to work against the new carto
based stylesheet,which you can find here:

   https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto

That is not yet in production but we are working to get it into
production as a way of rebooting the stylesheet maintenance.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/