[OSM-talk] Crossroad names

Christian Quest cquest at openstreetmap.fr
Tue Mar 26 16:08:38 UTC 2013

highway=traffic_signals + name=* are now also visible:
http://tile.openstreetmap.fr/?lon=139.71686&lat=35.61534&zoom=18

You'll see that adding names to traffic_lights on complex crossroads
causes the same name to be rendered multiple times in some places:
http://tile.openstreetmap.fr/?lon=139.71825&lat=35.61857&zoom=18

A better tagging scheme seems necessary as one "thing" should be in
the database just once.

If we could avoid relations and use either the junction=yes or a
place=junction/crossroad (place name are usually meant to be rendered
that's why I'm thinking about it).

Think also about Nominatim... place=* makes more sense for that purpose.

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France
Synthèse du Week-end "SOTM-FR" à Lyon : http://openstreetmap.fr/synthese-sotmfr