[OSM-talk] Out of Service Roads

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Fri Mar 29 15:21:10 UTC 2013

Ah, +1 for just removing the highway tag & adding a note on weather damage. There's been similar discussion regarding demolished/collapsed buildings that still show in imagery.
I've used was:building=collapsed/demolished IIRC on some of such cases -- after having had the experience of some people adding from imagery once removed buildings.

I'd also add that I think it's a very good idea to make sure that you make sure that _some_ detour is mapped if you completely take out a piece of major road to avoid breaking routing.

Cheers,
-Jaakko

Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
--
Mobile: +509-37-26 91 54, Skype/GoogleTalk: jhelleranta