[OSM-talk] OSM relation ID property in Wikidata

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri May 3 21:22:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 03.05.2013 23:18, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> I don't understand -- wasn't the entire process based on the
> assumption that intellectual property persists as long as the object
> ID persists?

No, that is a misconception. During the license change we deviated from
that idea in both directions:

* some objects whose ID had not changed and who had been created by
someone who rejected the license were nonetheless kept if it could be
shown that they had been changed in a major way since;

* some objects that had been freshly created by people agreeing with the
license change, but that were more or less copies of other objects from
non-agreers, were removed even though they had a different ID.

I will not discuss this sub-thread further; object IDs are not stable
and nothing we did during the license change is suitable as a counter
argument.

Bye
Frederik