[OSM-talk] OSM relation ID property in Wikidata

Claus Stadler cstadler at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Sat May 4 00:26:08 UTC 2013

 >> Isn't this thread about pointing from outside to osm?

Yes, so the simple suggestion is for OSM to extend the API to expose the
wiki tags; something like

Something along the lines of:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/wiki/{lang}/{article}
And this would return the corresponding object(s).

Even better, if it was Linked Data API in the first place [1] ;)
Give me a bit and I can demonstrate (I need to recreate the index on the
node_tags column >_<) ;)

Cheers,
Claus

[1] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html