[OSM-talk] Still need for spam protection and if yes, what about OSM-based CATPCHA?

Kev js1982 osm at kevswindells.eu
Tue May 7 21:10:18 UTC 2013

Captcha's are pure evil, I can never work the swines out and usually need
to get someone to help, or more usually I just abandon what I was doing :-(

One thing I've seen elsewhere which might be a half-suitable compromise is
to only prompt when a url is included, most genuine users won't then be
effected, and you can white list certain sites, e.g. osm related ones , to
be even less annoying.