[OSM-talk] iD Editor live on OpenStreetMap

Cartinus cartinus at xs4all.nl
Sun May 12 17:41:54 UTC 2013

On 05/12/2013 03:41 PM, Tom Hughes wrote:
> No, but I am saying that we have a history of not necessarily allowing
> the complaints of the people creating crazily complicated systems of
> relations to have a veto on what editors are or are not allowed to do.

Simple cycle and hiking route relations are not crazily complicated and
a very visible part of the openstreetmap ecosystem. If something breaks
them silently when doing normal editing, then that is not something that
should simply be ignored.

What I think is funny though, is that when I fixed some routes
yesterday, the biggest errors were created by JOSM users. If you work on
a route and use the "download incomplete members" option. JOSM doesn't
warn you when splitting or merging roads outside of the initially loaded
bounding box. So you can damage other routes without any warning. Yes,
this actually happens.

--
---
m.v.g.,